I’ve been tagged by Margaret to share eight random things about myself that I haven’t mentioned on this blog before. So here we go.
1. Today is my 33rd birthday. I was born on the 1st of August 1974. That makes me a Leo as astrological sign and a Tiger according to Chinese astrology. I don’t really care much about astrology, but I have always been rather pleased with this combination. 😉
I’ve never really liked my birthday and I still don’t particularly care about it. Though I do have nice memories of birthday parties when I was ten or so and we would rent a horse and covered wagon and tour the countryside for a day. And I’ve celebrated my birthday all over Europe, from Trondheim in Norway and Stockholm in Sweden to Porto in Portugal as we would always be on vacation on my birthday.
2. I eat pretty much everything. The only thing I.will.not.touch. is sauerkraut.
3. When I was in high school I would ride my bike to school and back. Nothing special unless I tell you that that meant 20kms one way and 40kms both ways. I loved it and it was a great way of getting rid of excess energy (which I have always had a lot of). The summer after I graduated I needed to replace the biking with something else because I had too much energy that I needed to release somehow, so I started swimming each morning, up to 5kms at a time.
I love sports and I need the exercise. But especially since I moved to Armenia I don’t do nearly as much sports or exercise as I want and need. I try to make up by doing a lot on foot in the city, but that is not much fun in winter when it is too cold and the pavements are covered in snow and ice, nor in summer when it gets up to 35 degrees Celsius during the day. I am not one for running or fitness, aerobics and that kind of stuff. Any tips?
4. As for the boyfriend. I’ve mentioned him on this blog before, but not by name. His name is Dibar, he is 37 and this is him.
5. I am addicted to the memory game of Purble Place.
6. And now for some gory details. When I was a kid (I don’t know how old I was exactly, but it must have been kindergarten age or younger) I once stuck a knitting needle in my palate. Also, at some other time I was running back and forth in the living room and I ran through a glass window hands and wrists first. I don’t remember the details, but it must have been pretty bloody. Dibar still calls me clumsy, though these days it mostly relates to things like spilling coffee.
7. I have had a driver’s licence for almost ten years, but I haven’t driven a car in eight years. I wouldn’t want to drive in Yerevan, but I have to admit that since I moved to Armenia, I have been thinking more and more about taking up driving again.
8. And now for the killer fact. Last week I bought an apartment in Yerevan! I will get the key in three weeks and move before the end of the month. Isn’t this a nice birthday present?
I don’t really feel like tagging anyone, but if you read this, you have a blog and you feel like it, feel free to continue the meme.